ABOUT THE GAME
As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate… and escape!
Fixed a missing map file. Please ensure your servers are running 171.10 to avoid incompatibility.
– Fixed “Message of the Days” for hosted servers. They’ll now work, specified here in the GameUserSettings.ini:
Check above for an example, steam won’t let me paste it here.
– Added Sky for Direct X 10 Shader Model 4 rendering
– Tamed dinos now look at allies when they’re nearby, to increase realism 🙂
– Added a loading progress meter to avoid the appearance of frozen game stalls, and fixed another blackscreen/infinite load case.
– Added a “Difficulty” slider for Local/Custom Servers that scales the levels of the creatures encountered, along with the quality of loot (but not quite linearly with each other, so you can expect a tougher challenge overall as that slider goes up!).
– Added the capability to choose respawn region upon each player respawn. Set 12 spawn regions, rather than 4.
– Added code now for flyers to not follow you into water, and land creatures to have a depth limit they’re willing to follow you to 🙂
– Adjusted various Quality Group graphics settings to increase performance on each tier.
– You can now properly apply the ARK Founders’ Parasaur Saddle Skin, to the Parasaur Saddle 🙂
– Increased the length of time for dead player bodies/inventories to decompose, to 20 minutes
– You can now whitelist specific SteamID’s that will always be granted access to your server. Even if it’s full.
– Console key can now be rebinded through the Options Menu
– All Host Game options are now visible in the in-game launch menu (which also affects single player), as well as saved in INI for easy access
– Fixed an issue where sometimes no servers would return
– Server Player counts should finally be fixed in-game
– Downloading ARK Data Characters into other Servers will no longer lose them
– You can now rebind the Arrow Keys properly (strafe, turn, whatever you want)
– On your server, you can now use ‘cheat’ or ‘admincheat’ to cheat after logging in as and admin. “cheat broadcast MessageString” will now let you broadcast a server message to everyone on your server (which also force displays the chat). Note that you can also set a Message-Of-The-Day here:
Message=Hello and welcome to my ARK! 😀
– Added an option to hide the Server Name from your Pause Menu, so that streamers don’t have to give away what server they’re playing on.
– Your last server filter settings now save and restore
– Argentavis now has a very limited (60% reduced) targeting range for live creatures, but his targeting range for corpses has been boosted by 40%. So watch out if you’ve got a dead body around, you might want to get out of the way 🙂 . In any case, this is more true to their real-world likely behavior and will make them grief less.
– Your riding character now looks in the direction your camera is facing, along with your mount.
– Fixed a silly enemy pathing case that would make them needlessly turn around a lot in tight confines.
– Reduced default Dino following distance by 50%
– You can now craft directly from within your pet’s inventory
1. Unzip (first .rar file only) into the game folder
2. Run the Game
|CPU:||2 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU|
|RAM:||4 GB RAM|
|OS:||64-bit Windows 7 SP1/Windows 8.1|
|Video Card:||DirectX10 Compatible GPU with 1 GB Video RAM|
|Free Disk Space:||20 GB available space|