ABOUT THE GAME
As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate… and escape!
Q: Can we update to this from any previus patch?
A: Can’t give you an exact answer but I highly doubt it as there are too many previous updates and can’t be included into a single one.I always update my game from the previous released update by ALI213 (for example the game was updated to 174.31 and I used this 176.0 update) and it’s working fine.In other words all minor updates between two updates by ALI213 (174.31 and 176.0 for example) are always included in the latest one.
– Unversioned Update: Rewrote distance field shadowing for ~7 miliseconds per frame saved on Titan X. Should be significant for any other cards that have Distance Field Shadowing enabled.
– Fixed remaining ladder climbing error
– You can now walk all your dinos backwards
– Removed the Dino Inventory Slot limits
– Raised the dino fall damage velocity threshold by about 33% and decreased fall damage by 33%
– Upped the Argentavis’ Stamina by 150%, to better enable long-distance flight, it loses stamina when flying as the Ptera.
– Blue Supply Crates that weren’t appearing are fixed.
– From the backs of dinos, only doors are now activatable. Otherwise [E] will dismount.
– Drop-All no longer drops equipped items (dino saddles etc)
Note about fall damage: non-ridden, tamed dinos do not take fall damage.
– Dino inventories now have limited slots (this was always intended, the value was just inputted incorrectly prior to now 😉
– Argentavis can now also pickup characters, with a higher weight limit than Pteranodon
– Nerdry Glasses and Rex Bone Helm are now paintable
– Fixed bug where Tribe data could be lost or corrupted, and bug where players who left Tribe would still be considered as “in” the Tribe.
– Majorly reduced stalls when streaming in new area zones
– Added a radial “Whistle Wheel” that you can use to choose from among the many whistles now available. Access it optionally by briefly holding the “Whistle ‘You Follow'” key!
– Only female creatures can lay eggs now. I know, this makes me sad but it had to happen ;(
– Added volume slider for voice chat
– Eliminated delays upon Dino AI finding new targets, make the AI’s snappier and more lifelike. Also made tamed Dinos cancel their current movement whenever they are given a new order/AI-state, making them more pro-active.
– You can now open gates with the [E] / Use key when riding a Dino, without having to dismount
– Tribe Governance Options. Tribe Manager now has “Government” options which can (currently) only be set upon creation of the Tribe. When you are invited to a Tribe, you can now view the Tribe’s governance options in the Activation menu before deciding whether to join. If you wish to change this afterwards, Merge the Tribe into a new Tribe.
– Server startup time dramatically reduced.
– More efficient RAM usage of the TheIsland zones streaming
– Improved perf on GPU particles
– Dinos now take fall damage properly
– Better dino following logic, and fixed a bug where following dinos weren’t sprinting like they should have been
– Oxygen Enhancing stew is now twice as powerful
– Rockets now have gravity and drop over time, no more infinite range rocket shots
– Crops now grow at 2x speed
– High-level surface supply crates now only give blueprints, was too OP for them to give fully-crafted items
– Piranhas now spawn in larget groups
– Megalodons can’t beach anymore
– Fixed a server-side PhysX crash
– New: Craftable Headlamp item
– You can now access patch notes from within the game 🙂
– Environmental Resources now replenish twice as quickly and less range required away from human structures
– You can now ‘Drop All Items’ from remote inventories, which drops them onto the floor
– You can now press ‘D’ when highlighting an item in Inventory to drop it, you can also press Ctrl-D-Num to instantly drop a slotbar item. Power-users!!!!
– Behemoth gate can now be built on non-flat ground, and all dinos can now move through Dino Gate properly now.
– Ladder Climbing can properly be activated from above in all cases now.
– Added “Go Aggressive” and “Go Neutral” ranged whistle commands. “Go Neutral” also clears aggro, so is good for quickly recalling your dinos from an attack.
– Flyers can now carry other dinos, as well as humans
– New server browser that is more akin to Steam’s server browser, allows asynchronous retrieving and filtering searching from among ALL servers, not just a handful.
– In PvE you can now drag unconscious players who are logged-out. Necessary, for now, to prevent people from logging out within your base and thus permanently “occupying” your base.
– You can now activate “wander” mode on tamed dinos, which will make them wander as they normally do in the Wild. Useful if you want mild hunting or just to have them feel more natural when penned-up (gotta have that Dodo farm naturalism). Coming soon: “Hunt-and-return radius” mode 🙂
1. Unzip (first .rar file only) into the game folder
2. Run the Game
|CPU:||2 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU|
|RAM:||4 GB RAM|
|OS:||64-bit Windows 7 SP1/Windows 8.1|
|Video Card:||DirectX10 Compatible GPU with 1 GB Video RAM|
|Free Disk Space:||20 GB available space|