ABOUT THE GAME
As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate… and escape!
– Raised Max Player Level to 64, providing 120 additional Engram Points
– Raised Max Tamed Dino Level Additions to 38
– Fix for Flyer Stamina (!)
– Fix for Gas Consumption Rate (30x improvement)
– Increased level cap to 70
– Armor durability rebalancing (~3x durability)
– Tripled the metal content of metal and rich-metal rocks
– Re-added a small chance to get metal from river-rocks. Thanks for the feedback everyone, it makes sense to provide an alternate less-intense progression path
– Prevented tamed dinos from drowning so easily
– Changed autodestruct in PvE structures to 18 days, and made it so that rather than automatically demolishing itself, the structure then gives the option for anyone to demolish it via radial menu.
– Made Smithies and other containers automatically have the necessary engrams when new engrams are added, rather than having them be rebuilt
– Made it clear via description that the Food Preservation Bin requires Sparkpowder to preserve food, and that it can also create Beef Jerky.
– Added Option to disable Torpor screen flash (purple flash)
– Dino Knocked-Out state will now hold until the Dino’s Torpor reaches 0%, previously they could exit earlier. However, their Torpor will decrease more quickly based on how much their maximum Torpor level is — so that higher-level Dinos are naturally more difficult to keep knocked-out.
– Increased effectiveness of temperature insulation by 20%
– Bronto saddle can now be equipped properly
– Non-water Dinos will now attempt to swim to the surface and not drown
– Fixed armor insulation values & UI display (wasn’t displaying hyperthermic insulation properly): cloth now adds positive hyperthermic insulation, all other armors currently add negative hyperthermic insulation but now scaled more appropriately. Swimwear coming to add more positive hyperthermic insulation!
– Fixed LOD’s on dino gates and other assets
– Mid-size dinos (less than Rex, such as Stego etc) now properly fit thru the Dino Gate. For large-tier dinos you need still a Mega Gate, of course.
– Fixed crafting table requirements on a number of items, to now display their proper crafting table in the Engram UI (i.e. now it says that a Smithy is required to craft a Spinosaurus Saddle)
– Adjusted Spawn Rates: Piranhas more common on insland lakes/rivers (they were missing primarily), Carnos less common everywhere, Spinos less common everywhere
– Reduced Spino overland run & walk speeds by 25%
– Fixed a bad damage multiplier for explosives on Wood structures (like several times too strong 😛
– Spinosaurus! Fear the beast!
– New Structures: Spike Wall (great for defending against incoming tribe dino attacks) and Food Preservation Bin items, and Beef Jerky!!! (Sparkpowder+Oil+Cooked Meat or Cooked Prime Meat+hour wait == SUPER LONG LASTING FOOOOOD!)
– General GPU optimizations plus new graphics configuration options: Mesh LOD slider, High Quality Materials checkbox (disabling this and restarting will have tremendous perf savings at the cost of less detailed terrain materials), Subsurface Scattering Checkbox (disabling this will make plants and skin material look a little less good, but also save a lot of perf)
– After login you now get a message indicating how you died if your character was killed when you were logged out (needs more details added)
– Pteras now land better when out of stamina, won’t eject you as soon
– You and dinos can attack when no stamina now, however doing so will increase your torpidity
– Slight purple overlay when torpidity is increasing
– Spoiling timer exploits fixed
– Various ways to teleport into people’s houses seemingly fixed
– Grenades rebalanced, ~60% damage reduction vs structures and now also require oil to craft
– PvE structures that haven’t had a Tribe/Creator nearby in one week are now auto demolished. Can be disabled on player-run servers.
– Structure Limit now configurable for player-run servers
– Non-Tribe Flyer Carrying now an option for PvE servers
– Added Rich Metal and Regular Metal Mountain Rocks
– Metal Tools’ durabilities fixed
– Character bodytype presets
– “Find Mods” button added to Host Game Menu
– Rare Limited-Edition Cosmetic Item Skin drops: Nerdry’s Glasses (from the bellies of Dilo’s) and Rex Bone Helmet
– Land dinos now lose stamina when swimming while mounted, Amphibious dinos (turtle, sarco, etc) now regain stamina much more quickly in water
– Unconscious dinos being tamed no longer can be harmed by non-tribe players in PvE
– Fixed bug where Generator with cables attached could not get its inventory accessed
– Tribe ID’s and Player ID’s are now guaranteed to be unique. Should eliminate future cases of player/tribe body snatchers.
– Realtime time and current map now indicated on pause menu
– Downloading mods at the Host Game screen now indicates download progress, mods that have been updated on Steam Workshop will now redownload
– Broodmother will now give Dossier and Steam Achievement correctly when defeated
– You can now set the temperature scale to Fahrenheit in the Options menu
– Upped bullet damages by about 20%
– Your current Biome/Temperature now updates correctly when riding a mount
– “Transfer Tribe Ownership” button is now clickable properly
– Base Carno damage buffed from 30 to 50, base Rex damage buffed from 50 to 80
– Rate of health recovery from mounts consuming corpses or trees is reduced (was previously essentially granting mounts nearly instant health recovery)
New server commandline/INI options (GamerUserSettings.ini [ServerSettings] section or “?Option=Value” for commandline argument):
1. Unzip (first .rar file only) into the game folder
2. Run the Game
|CPU:||2 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU|
|RAM:||4 GB RAM|
|OS:||64-bit Windows 7 SP1/Windows 8.1|
|Video Card:||DirectX10 Compatible GPU with 1 GB Video RAM|
|Free Disk Space:||20 GB available space|